28 December 2016
Updated Operation Smile Medical Schedule of 2017
Operation Smile offers free and safe reconstructive surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities to underprivileged patients living in remote rural areas who otherwise lack access to medical care and safe surgeries. It was founded in order to give these indigent patients the chance to receive safe treatment at no cost.
Two types of medical missions, On-Going Medical Mission and Weekly Medical Mission, were designed to cater to the patients’ needs.
On-going Medical Mission
At the hospitals where reconstructive surgeons are available full-time, we provide the financial means for the surgeries to take place. The project will end when cases meet the agreed targeted numbers. Patients and their family will come seek medical care at the hospital nearest to them or at their most convenient time. As long as the project is still open for cases, the same patient may come back to receive additional surgeries if or when required. A location near the patient's residence makes it possible for them to revisit for further advice plus help them receive continuous care.
Operation Smile’s Current On-going projects are as follows:
1. Maharat Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital, Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Tel. 044 235 000
2. Panyananthaphikkhu Chonprathan Medical Center Srinakharinwirot University, Nonthaburi Province, Tel.02 962 5731 33, 02 962 5737 ext. 607, 608
3. Klang Hospital, Bangkok Tel. 02 220 8000
4. Chonburi Hospital, Chonburi Province Tel. 038 932 000
5. Maharaj Nakhon Chiang Mai Hospital (SuanDok), Chiang Mai Province, Tel. 053 946 150 or 053 946 173
6. Sunpasitthiprasong Hospital, Ubon Ratchathani Province, Tel. 045 244 973
7. Songklanagarind Hospital, Songkla Province, Tel. 074 455 000
8. Sisaket Hospital, Sisaket Province, Tel. 045 611 503 Ext. 2212
9. Buddhachinaraj Hospital, Phitsanulok Province, Tel. 055 270 300 Ext. Female Surgical Wards
Patients are free to contact hospitals directly and notify them that he/she wants to join the Operation Smile’s project. The medical care is at no cost.
Week-long Medical Mission
We bring a team of medical volunteers to the remote rural areas where there are no surgeons available or not there are not enough to provide surgeries to every patient. This type of medical mission will last a week and it a must that patients arrive on the screening day as the first day of the mission will be to select the patients to receive free medical care.
Upcoming Week-long Medical Missions
20 – 24 February, 2017 at Sri Sang Wan Hospital, Mae Hong Son Province
Patients to arrive at Sri Sang Wan Hospital for screening process on 20 February, 2017
Patient registrations and queries, please contact Sri Sang Wan Hospital at Tel. 053 611 378
View all news >>